For a research question, I would really like to focus/narrow in my research question more so I can have a more focused overall argument.
What are the ideas of hell in Buddhism and Christianity, how do they differ in how they are described, and in how you reach hell? Is kind of the one I am going for. But if I need to broaden the question and research (again), I can. But that's my goal.
Rationale:
Question for Josh: Would it be OK to discuss how I wrote this IA last year, my interest grew as I found more resources, and decided to focus in more and try to find a real answer this year?
If so, then i will expand off of my old rationale, (shorten it, make it less sappy) then include how my interest grew this year and what i will focus on now.
Resources:
I have found HUGE databases on Buddhist beliefs (specifically about hell as well) and will try to find someone to interview a.s.a.p.
I am already scheduling a session with my mother's EFM class, where I will sit and listen to what they have to say, and ask them, perhaps, specific questions relating to hell, how one reaches hell, what it is like in their opinion, etc... anything I can ask to satisfy my research.
Plan For Study:
I'll answer my research question to the best of my ability by using the specific opinions from the interviews I will obtain (both Buddhist and Christian) and combining them with the general information I found last year, and references to the scriptures of both religions (already have buddhist, just need christian right now) I will find a more focused and detailed description of hell for each religion.
THOUGHT:
I just realized that I will probably have to focus in on a certain Christian denomination, such as episcopalian (since that's what the EFM group is) and also a Buddhist denomination. I'll do some more research and see if this is necessary.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment